Office of Admissions, WWU
WWU > Admissions Home > Returning

Academic Planning


Returning to WWU

Note: For graduate studies, please visit the WWU Graduate School website.

Who is a returning student?

Western students planning to return after an absence of one or more quarters (excluding summer) must submit a Returning Student Application prior to registering for classes. In general, students who left Western in good academic standing, are pursuing their first degree, and complete the application prior to the application deadline will be granted readmission.

Admission, registration priority, and enrollment may be delayed for students who apply after the deadline. Such students should include a personal statement explaining why their application is late, their academic plan of study, and any steps they have taken to ensure registration eligibility (met with an academic advisor, obtained override permissions, etc.).

Exceptions: The following students should not use the Returning Student Application.

  • Students who have been academically dismissed must contact the Academic Advising Center regarding the reinstatement process.
  • Former Western extension program students returning to the same Western Washington University extension program must complete the Extension Program Returning Student Application.
  • Extension students returning with a plan to change academic program must apply as a new transfer or post baccalaureate student through the Office of Admissions.
WWU Homepage :: Admissions :: Visiting WWU :: Contact Us