Returningfor students who previously attended Western
Western makes every effort to readmit all students returning to complete a first degree, who left in good academic standing and submit a complete readmission application by the application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space available basis. Applying after the application deadline may negatively impact admission, registration, priority and enrollment.
Complete Application File
A complete application for readmission includes:
- Application for readmission.
- Non-refundable $55 application fee, in the form of a check or money order, payable to "Western Washington University". Please include your date of birth on your check.
- If you have been absent more than one calendar year, include information about why you left Western, as well as an academic plan for when you return.
- If you have attended any other educational institutions since leaving Western, you must also submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
Mail your application, fee, and transcripts, if necessary, to:
Western Washington University
Office of Admissions
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-9009
Make sure you read the Returning Student Information for more details about readmission.
You will receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks after we receive your application. If you don't receive confirmation, contact the Office of Admissions.
Do not use this application if:
- You plan to enroll as a non-matriculated (not formally admitted) student on a space available basis. Contact the Registrar's Office at (360) 650-3432.
- You only plan to register for Summer Session. Contact the Summer Session Office at (360) 650-3757.
- You are applying to transfer into one of Western's extension programs. Contact the Extended Education and Summer Programs for more information.
- You have withdrawn during the first two weeks of the quarter and plan to return the next quarter.
- You have been academically dismissed. Contact Academic Advising at (360) 650-3850.