Wish You Were Here!
Water, mountains, music and food — from downtown to out-of-town, Bellingham has it all! Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands lie directly to the west; Mt. Baker and the North Cascades Mountain Range are an hour to the east. Bellingham offers a vibrant urban community with a natural setting, providing outstanding entertainment, recreation and research opportunities.
Campus Visit Options
- Campus Tours »Experience Western's beautiful campus with a 90-minute walking tour, a residence hall viewing (one room), and opportunities for students and families to visit academic departments and campus offices. Reservations recommended.
- Discovery & Transfer Days »Discovery Days include a walking tour of campus, an admissions presentation with a student/faculty panel, a residence hall viewing, and opportunities to visit academic departments and campus offices. Transfer Days include additional sessions for transfer students. Reservations required.
- Group Visits »This program accommodates groups of 10 or more. Our typical group visit offers a 1 hour campus tour, an admissions presentation with an Admissions Advisor, and discounted meal tickets to eat in our on-campus dining halls. Reservations required.
Here are a few additional opportunities to experience campus:
- Spring into Western Our spring campus showcase for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors that includes the opportunity to participate in a campus tour, explore residence halls and get all of your admissions questions answered. Spring Into Western provides the best campus visit experience because it occurs during one of Western's biggest weekends of the year - Back2Bellingham Weekend.
- Self-Guided Tours Written guide to help you learn about Western and find your way around campus.
- Virtual Tour University Residences offers an online Virtual Tour of the campus residence halls.
- College Quest College Quest is a summer college experience for high school students. Participants live in a resident hall, complete a special interest course taught by WWU faculty, and earn one college credit. Join us for College Quest this July and jump-start the college application process.
- Summer Programs for Youth Extended Education and Summer Programs offers overnight programs and day camps in the summer for grades K-12.
Student Tour Guides
We are proud of our amazing team of Student Admissions Representatives (StARs) who lead your tours, help answer your questions in our office and over the phone, and are great examples of the kind of students we are proud to admit. Want to know more about your guide? Coming to campus and want to know who will greet you? Meet our StARs! »