Wish You Were Here!
Water, mountains, music and food — from downtown to out-of-town, Bellingham has it all! Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands lie directly to the west; Mt. Baker and the North Cascades Mountain Range are an hour to the east. Bellingham offers a vibrant urban community with a natural setting, providing outstanding entertainment, recreation and research opportunities.
Campus Visit Options
- Campus Tours »Experience Western's beautiful campus with a 90-minute walking tour, a residence hall viewing (one room), and opportunities for students and families to visit academic departments and campus offices. Reservations recommended.
- Discovery & Transfer Days »Discovery Days include a walking tour of campus, an admissions presentation with a student/faculty panel, a residence hall viewing, and opportunities to visit academic departments and campus offices. Transfer Days include additional sessions for transfer students. Reservations required.
- Group Visits »This program accommodates groups of 10 or more. Our typical group visit offers a 1 hour campus tour, an admissions presentation with an Admissions Advisor, and discounted meal tickets to eat in our on-campus dining halls. Reservations required.
Here are a few additional opportunities to experience campus:
- Western Preview - Saturday, April 5 Our spring open house is the perfect way for admitted freshmen to learn all about Viking life. Western Preview gives you the opportunity to experience Western's community, learn about our academic programs, explore residence halls, and learn about student services, clubs, and organizations. Invitations will be mailed to admitted freshmen beginning in February.
- Spring Into Western - Saturday, May 17 Spring into Western provides the best campus visit experience because it occurs during one of Western's biggest weekends of the year - Back2Bellingham Weekend. Back2Bellingham includes more than 100 activities, lectures, reunions, and more for everyone in the Western Community, including our guests considering WWU.
- Interactive Walking Tour The Interactive Tour includes a video walking tour through campus, 360-degree panoramas, videos, and photos of campus.
- Self-Guided Tour Written guide to help you learn about Western and find your way around campus.
- Housing Virtual Tour University Residences offers an online Virtual Tour of the campus residence halls.
Student Tour Guides
We are proud of our amazing team of Student Admissions Representatives (StARs) who lead your tours, help answer your questions in our office and over the phone, and are great examples of the kind of students we are proud to admit. Want to know more about your guide? Coming to campus and want to know who will greet you? Meet our StARs! »
Events Near You
A visit to campus is still the best way to learn about and explore Western, but we realize not everyone can make the trip. Every fall and spring our counselors hit the road to visit high schools, community colleges, and college fairs. Events near you »