Becoming a StAR
Do you love Western and want to show prospective students all that the University has to offer? The Student Admissions Representative (StAR) team is comprised of a diverse group of about 40 students from a variety of majors and undergraduate experiences and involvement.
The Office of Admissions hires for multiple StAR positions each year, with the application becoming available in early December. Interviews are conducted over Winter Quarter, with the position beginning the first week of Spring Quarter.
If you are interested in becoming a StAR or learning more about the position, we would love to tell you more!
What do StARs do?
- Give various tours throughout the year: weekday campus tours, group visit tours, and occasional Saturday tours
- Participate in half-day or full day Admissions events
- Provide students with positive and honest information about their experiences at Western
- Serve on informational panels
- Conduct personalized outreach to high school and college students
- Serve as a resource for prospective students throughout the admissions process
- Staff the front desk in the Office of Admissions
- Coordinate and run student-centered programs
- And more!