Biology Distinguished Scholars
The Biology Distinguished Scholars program is a selective, small group experience for 24 incoming first-year students. The program is ideal for students with an interest in exploring Biology or a pre-health professional pathway such as pre-medicine.
Biology Scholars are guaranteed access to key courses in their first and second years, and get to work closely with faculty within the Biology and Chemistry departments, who plan and organize the program.
- Exclusive one-on-one advising with a biology faculty member to help chart your coursework, advise you on research and internship opportunities, and to help plan your future after graduation
- 5 quarters as part of a small group cohort designed to help facilitate connections with classmates and professors
- Guaranteed enrollment in the following required courses:
- Fall 2019: CHEM 161
- Winter 2020: CHEM 162
- Spring 2020: CHEM 163 & BIOL 204
- Fall 2020: BIOL 205
- Winter 2021: BIOL 206
- Depending on your Math Placement Test and/or AP calculus scores, you will have a seat in the appropriate math class for Fall 2019 and Winter 2020
Application Eligibility Requirements:
- Students must have completed pre-calculus and chemistry by high school graduation
- To be eligible for the benefits of this program, students must not have completed any college level Biology or Chemistry courses
Biology Distinguished Scholars Application
The application will be available in early March.