About this program
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) Distinguished Scholar Program is reserved for students who have demonstrated academic excellence and experience or interest in areas of business and economics. Up to 25 incoming first-year students are selected each year to participate in program.
Apply by March 10
This program is exclusively for admitted Western students; you will need to log in to your Admitted Student Portal to register.
- First-Year Student
- 3.0+ GPA
- Academic interest in Business and Economics
Earn a Scholarship:
- A $1,000 scholarship is awarded during the student’s second year at Western, provided that the scholar remains a full-time student and has declared a major in the College of Business and Economics.
- One-on-one advising beginning in the first quarter at Western; upon major declaration, the Scholar will be assigned a faculty adviser in a specific area of interest.
- Entrance to an interactive business seminar, Management 202, designed to provide Scholars with a fast track to the business world and CBE.
- Accelerated admission into CBE.
- Priority access to CBE foundation courses to help complete the major faster.
- Special opportunities to interact with CBE professors, departmental advisory board members, and members of CBE student clubs.