Business and Economics Distinguished Scholars
You have been selected to apply for Western’s College of Business and Economics Distinguished Scholars Program based on information in your application for admission. This selective program is reserved for students who have demonstrated academic excellence and experience and/or interest in areas of business and economics.
About the Program
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) Distinguished Scholars Program offers a select group of new first-year students access to incredible courses and opportunities within the CBE. Approximately 20 students who have shown superior academic success and demonstrated experience and/or interest in areas of business and economics are selected each year for the program.
- A $1,000 scholarship is awarded during the student’s second year at Western, provided that the Scholar remains a full-time student and has declared a major in the College of Business and Economics.
- One-on-one advising beginning in the first quarter at Western. Upon major declaration, the Scholar will be assigned a faculty adviser in a specific area of interest.
- Entrance to an interactive business seminar, Management 202, designed to provide Scholars with a fast track to the business world and CBE.
- Accelerated admission into CBE.
- Priority access to CBE foundation courses to help complete the major faster.
- Special opportunities to interact with CBE professors, departmental advisory board members, and members of CBE student clubs.
Most CBE Distinguished Scholars
- Earned a 3.7 or higher cumulative high school GPA.
- Have participated in extracurricular business-related activities.