Viking Group Visit Policies
Thank you for taking the time to bring your group to visit Western Washington University. We are delighted that you have chosen to learn more about Western! In order to ensure your group has the best possible visit experience, please read through the policies below:
- Group visits are available for middle school and/or high school students in 8th grade and higher (8th – 12th grade), Transfer students, and/or Compass 2 Campus partnered school groups.
- Groups are limited to 100 individuals per visit.
- Groups are required to provide a roster of student attendees no later than 3 business days prior to visit. Rosters should include student names, grade level, and school.
- Visits are contingent upon availability of Student Admissions Representatives, Admissions staff, and/or campus facilities (classrooms, meeting spaces, etc.).
- One chaperone for every 25 students is required. Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of the students during the visit, and must stay with the group at all times. Tour guides are not responsible for maintaining order or issuing discipline, and reserve the right to end a tour at any point due to inappropriate behavior.
- If you would like to take advantage of our discounted $5.00 lunch option at one of our Dining Commons, you must indicate so when you register for a group visit. Western's Dining Commons require payment by cash or credit card on the day of your visit and offer a variety of food options and an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- To efficiently get into the Dining Commons, please have payment method ready to hand to the cashier when you arrive to the dining hall. One credit card per group, please.
- Schools with 50% or more of their students on free/reduced lunch may qualify to have their meals provided by WWU. Meals are limited so indicate this request at time of registration.
- Please make every effort possible to arrive early for your visit. If you are more than 20 minutes late, we may not be able to offer all of the items on your agenda. When a group arrives late it is always at the expense of the tour.
- Our tour guides are all current WWU students and will not be available beyond the scheduled time.
- Notify your Viking Group Tour coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to your visit including number attendees, times of departure, or if you are cancelling at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please remind students to be polite and considerate to the tour guides and presenters. Advise students to turn off cell phones and/or other electronic devices during the presentation(s) and campus tour.
- While your group is on campus, classes and meetings are being held. Please remind your group to be quiet when inside of buildings and to treat our campus and community with respect.
- Tours will run rain or shine! This is an outside walking tour and attendees should wear appropriate footwear and outerwear, as well as bring reusable water bottles to campus as Western does not sell bottled water.
- Come prepared with questions about WWU and have fun!