Please be advised that residence hall showroom viewings will be unavailable for campus visits June 5 through June 19. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to view our residence hall photos and floor plans online.
Explore campus with us!
There is no better way to get a feel for Western than by walking our brick-lined paths, enjoying the view of Bellingham Bay and catching a glimpse of our students in action. A campus tour is a great place to start! We invite you to come visit Bellingham and our beautiful campus to get a better feel for life at Western. Select a tour date below that works for you.
If you are planning to visit with a group of 10 or more, please see our group visit options.
To register for a visit, select a day on the calendar below.
Campus tours include:
- A 90-minute walking tour of Western's campus led by a Student Admissions Representative.
- Viewing of a residence hall room. Note: Residence hall tours are only available when classes are in session – not during academic breaks. View the academic calendar to see when breaks are scheduled (called intersession). Please note that we do offer residence hall tours when summer quarter classes are in session.
Do you have specific admissions questions or need some more information? On-call advising is available in the Office of Admissions without an appointment, Monday through Friday from 9-4 p.m. Please feel free to stop by and meet with an Admissions Counselor!
Meet with academic departments and campus offices
On a weekday visit to campus, you may be able to visit with academic departments, Financial Aid, and other student services after your tour of campus. Please contact the academic department or office you are interested in connecting with at least two weeks prior to your visit to make arrangements. Offices and departments are not available on holidays and may have limited availability during inter session.
When planning your visit
- It is recommended that you visit campus when classes are in session, as you will get the best exposure to campus life and access to campus services. Note: many offices and academic departments may be closed or unavailable on weekends as well as during holidays, finals week, and intersession. Additionally, the Viking Union, Western Bookstore, Student Recreation Center, and Dining Halls and campus eateries generally have reduced hours during those times. Please review our academic calendar for the most current schedule.
- Be prepared for Bellingham weather. A hooded jacket in the fall, winter and spring is always a good idea. Sunglasses are a must in the summertime.
- If driving, please give yourself time to pick up a parking pass and park in the appropriate lot. Learn more about directions and parking.
- Tours begin at the Wade King Student Recreation Center.
Be prepared: Western doesn't sell bottled water on campus, so be sure to bring your own reusable water bottle.