Apply to be a part of our student team
Student Admissions Representative (StAR)
Do you love Western and want to show prospective students all that the University life has to offer? The Student Admissions Representative (StAR) team is comprised of a diverse group of about 40 students from a variety of majors and undergraduate experiences and involvement.
The Office of Admissions hires for multiple StAR positions each year. Interviews are conducted over Winter Quarter, with the position beginning the first week of Spring Quarter.
What Do StARs Do?
- Give various tours throughout the year: weekday campus tours, group visit tours, virtual campus tours, and occasional Saturday tours
- Participate in half-day and full-day Admissions events
- Provide prospective students with positive and honest information about their experiences at Western
- Serve on informational panels
- Conduct personalized outreach to high school and college students
- Serve as a resource for prospective students throughout the admissions process
- Coordinate and run student-centered programs
- And more!
Requirements & Application
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 17th 2021
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a current full-time Western student and have completed at least one quarter of classes
- Be in good academic standing
- Plan to graduate Spring 2022 or later
Upon hire you will be required to attend the following StAR events:
- Spring (virtual) Kick-Off: Monday, March 29 2021
- Fall Kick-Off: Tuesday, September 21 2021
- Winter Kick-Off: Monday, January 3 2022
Upon hire you also must be available to work the following Office of Admissions events (dates TBD):
- Admitted Student Day (April)
- Junior Visit Day (May)
- Fall Preview Day (October)
Please fill out the application form and submit both a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should briefly explain why you are interested in the role and what makes you a strong candidate. For assistance in creating a cover letter or resume, we recommend you contact the WWU Career Services Center.
If you have any questions about the position or the application, please contact Diana Feinson: email@example.com, (360)350-3441.