First-Year and Running Start
Who should use this application?
You should apply as a first-year applicant if:
- You're in high school, even if you’ve earned some college credit or are enrolled in Running Start
- You have graduated or earned your GED, and haven’t enrolled in any college coursework after graduation
You should apply as a transfer student if you’ve enrolled in college coursework after graduating from high school or completing your GED. If you require a student visa to study in the United States, you should apply as an international student.
Test Scores are Optional
Western does not require test scores for students applying for admission, but will consider them if submitted.
First-Year Student Application Deadlines
About Our Deadlines
Fall applicants can choose from two deadlines: Early Action or Regular Decision. If you meet either deadline, you'll get full consideration for merit scholarships. Priority for housing selection is based on when you submit your application for admission.
Early Action Deadline
If you complete your application for admission and by November 1:
- You’re guaranteed a response from Admissions by December 31
- You’re guaranteed expedited scholarship review and financial aid notification if admitted
- You still have until May 1 to confirm your intent to enroll
Regular Decision Deadline
January 31 is the last day to submit your application for admission before it’s marked late.