Although the winter quarter application deadline was September 15, it’s not too late to be considered. Late applications will be considered after all on-time applications have been reviewed. Space is limited—apply now

Application deadlines

Fall & Summer Quarters
March 1
Winter Quarter
September 15
Spring Quarter
January 1

Who should use this application?

Western welcomes transfer students from all types of colleges and universities. You are a transfer student if you attempted college credit after graduating from high school or after earning your GED (excluding credit earned during the summer after high school graduation). If you completed all of your college credits while also fulfilling high school requirements (such as through the Running Start program), you will be considered a first-year student for admissions purposes and will need to meet requirements for First-Year Student Admission, even if you earned an associate degree while in high school. Students who continue to earn college credits after high school graduation (excluding credit earned during the summer after high school graduation) are considered transfer students. If you require a student visa to study in the United States, you should apply as an international student.

Application checklist

Please review the transfer application instructions to ensure your application is complete. A complete application includes the following:

  • Transfer and Postbaccalaureate Application submitted by the application deadline
  • $60 non-refundable application fee (fee waiver may be available)
  • Official transcripts from every college/university attended, even if you do not expect or desire to transfer credit (Note: students applying for summer or fall quarters must send an official transcript that includes grades from the previous fall quarter before their application can be reviewed)
  • An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
  • Students who have completed fewer than 45 transferable quarter (30 semester) credits are also required to submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT test scores. (Exception: if you are 21 or older you will be exempt from the test score requirement and need only submit an official high school transcript.)

Note: if you are applying to an Outreach and Continuing Education program, visit the Outreach and Continuing Education site for details about your application.