Guaranteed Transfer Admission
How does Guaranteed Admission work?
Any transfer student who completes a transferable associate’s degree at Peninsula College or Olympic College, and meets the eligibility requirements below, is guaranteed admission to Western Washington University.
Western has many degree programs from which to choose, and each has its own requirements for entry, such as elevated GPA, prerequisite courses, or separate application requirements. It is important for students to connect early with a program advisor to learn more about necessary requirements for entry to the preferred major. Information regarding degree programs is available in Poulsbo, Port Angeles, and Bremerton. Western also offers a wide array of degree programs in Bellingham, a few of which are available online.
You are eligible for Guaranteed Transfer Admission if you meet the following requirements:
- Complete an Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (AA-DTA) or Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) degree at Olympic College or Peninsula College
- Earn a cumulative college-level GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Achieve a C- or higher in ENGL& 101 or an AP score of 4 or higher on either the English Literature & Composition or English Language & Composition exam
- Achieve a minimum quarterly GPA of 2.0 for the following terms: 1) the last quarter on your transcript when you submit your application for admission, and 2) the last quarter on your transcript before you enroll at Western
- Complete the online application for undergraduate admission. Please be aware of the application deadline for your desired quarter of entry. Late applications will be accepted based on space availability.
Sign Up to Receive Early Advising
To receive the benefits of early advising from Western, we encourage you to sign up while you’re still at community college (during your first quarter, and no later than your third quarter). Upon submitting the form, an advisor will contact you.
Many students who are not eligible for Guaranteed Transfer Admission are still exceptionally well-qualified and are strongly encouraged to apply for transfer admission to Western's degree programs at any of its locations.