Post-Bacc Transfer Equivalency Report (TER)

Before registering for classes or contacting an advisor in your intended major, we encourage you to review your Transfer Equivalency Report (TER), which details the courses and prerequisites you have completed that apply to the academic plan of study for which you were admitted and for which the relevant academic department(s) have approved.* As a post-baccalaureate student, courses outside your intended academic plan will not be articulated and are not included in this report. Your TER will assist you as you develop your academic plan at Western and prepare for registration. We recommend you familiarize yourself with your TER now and prior to course registration.

How to Generate Your TER

You can generate your TER at any time on your own by completing the following steps:

  1. Log into myWestern. If you can't remember your login information you can access your username or password online.
  2. Select the "Web4U" icon (in the header section, below the tabs)
  3. Click on the "Students" tab
  4. Click on "Transfer Equivalency Report"

Please note that the Transfer Equivalency Report is based on the course work that is on file at the time you confirmed your enrollment. (For students entering fall quarter: your TER is based on the course work that is on file by June 1.) If necessary, your TER will be updated once final transcripts have been received by the Office of Admissions. By following the above steps, you can run your TER at any time in the future to determine if additional transcripts have been received and processed.

Note: If you believe you have completed a course that is not reflected in your Transfer Equivalency Report, please contact the appropriate academic department directly for a course review. You will need to provide a catalog course description and/or syllabus to expedite the review process.

Academic Advising

We recommend that you seek academic advising prior to course registration. Because you may need special permission to register for your intended courses, you should also contact your academic department. You will need to provide a copy of your TER and any in-progress courses for departmental advising. To schedule an advising appointment with your department, call 360-650-3000 and ask for the appropriate department.

Western's web-based academic planning and degree evaluation tool is called Degree Works. Degree Works will help you track degree progress, prepare for future courses, and plan your path to graduation.

Advising & Registration

All students register for classes online using using Web4U. To view a timetable of classes, visit the ClassFinder. Prior to registration, we recommend you have a current copy of your TER.

Fall students

Registration for new post-baccalaureate students occurs on campus during  Advising & Registration. For students who do not attend Advising & Registration, registration begins early September and continues until the day before classes begin.

Winter & Spring students 

New and continuing post-baccalaureate students register online for courses at the beginning of Phase I registration.

Summer students

New and continuing post-baccalaureate students will register online for both Summer and Fall quarters at the beginning of the Phase I registration session for each term. 

Please note: As a new summer student, you must attend summer quarter classes in order to attend WWU in the fall.

If you have any questions about your TER, feel free to contact the Office of Admissions.